Monday, January 16, 2012

So much has changed...

Oh my gosh. So much has changed since my last post. Here's the update!

       Let's start with the best stuff: Caleb and I went to the Riggs-Cha Cha :-) wedding and had an AMAZING TIME. We met up with lots of my college friends and had a blast catching up. I was so honored to stand up with Em on her big day. She looked beautiful, and the ceremony was great-- Especially when she and Brian immediately said "YES!" when the priest mentioned accepting children from God... before the priest had finished his sentence. Lol. We danced the night away at the reception, and I was shocked and pleasantly surprised that Caleb dances better than I do! His swing dancing is SUPERB. Now that I think about it, I learned a lot about Caleb that weekend. He sings more than I do- Crazy, right? He might even give Lauren Palmer a run for her money! We sang the whole way up and almost the whole way back. Caleb and I learned that we both love "Anastasia"... On this journeeeeey to the paaaaast!. Finally, I learned that Caleb is the most wonderful, funny, sweet man that I've ever known. Sorry to get sappy, but I feel like I just have to get it out there! On New Year's Eve, the ball dropped and Caleb dropped the L word... which I, of course, returned. Since then, things have gotten increasingly more serious. I can honestly say that I love him more and more every day. It's sick how much I miss him when we're at work. And I've actually cooked for him a few times. And it takes A LOT to get me to cook. I am very blessed to have him around... especially now when work seems to be taking a turn for the worse.
       I am burned out. There, I said it. 100% completely burned out. It's hard to pinpoint exactly when/how this happened, but I think the straw that broke the camel's back was my Winter Concert. It went really well, and I would put it up against anything I ever saw/did at previous schools. The kids sang well and had a blast. I had a few disgruntled parents, however, who gave me a pretty hard time. Even though I knew that I did a great job, the negative always seems to speak louder than the positive. I knew that the things they were complaining about were out of my hands, but I still couldn't help but get my feelings hurt. When I came back for second semester, I still hadn't fully recovered. The kids were definitely not ready to come back, so they have been super difficult the last few weeks. They will not work or do homework. They are being disruptive and rude and defiant. Usually, I can keep going because it feels like the good outweighs the bad. Recently, however, it feels like the opposite. I REALLY needed that snow day last Friday. It makes me wonder if I am unhappy because 1) it's just that time of the year, 2) the first year sucks, 3) my school may not be a good fit, 4) maybe I'm not supposed to do this after all, or 5) a combination of everything. Who knows. I'll keep you updated!
       One last note- This Friday is my 23rd birthday! I am officially getting old. 23???? Gosh, that just seems O.L.D. Crazy. I am practically 1/4 of the way through my life. Caleb is taking me to see "Beauty and the Beast" on Friday night. Can't wait!

Getting late. More to come!

LT

No comments:

Post a Comment