Sunday, January 9, 2011

I Love the Weekend!

So this has been the greatest weekend EVA. Fishers is really growing on me, and so is Indy as a whole. On Friday night my cool aunt and uncle took me out to The Blu Martini, a martini/sushi bar in Carmel. California rolls, Philadelphia rolls, and French martinis. I also sampled the Thin Mint martini and HAVE to go back to get one. The decor is so fab that I seriously can't say enough. The bartender, John, is a good friend of ours. He coaches golf at a university in Indy and knows a guy who I went to high school with and had a huge crush on in first grade. I put two valentines in his mailbox in V-Day. Big deal. He texted this guy and told him that I was a Ketel One vodka girl and was at the bar trying to convince him I was smart in high school. This guy texted back like, "No way! I am so baffled by everything you just said right now." Come on, is it really that unbelievable? Was I truly that hopeless in high school? Okay, maybe so. Then we rented a movie and snuggled with the pugs until I crashed around 11:30. I am getting old. That used to be when the night was just getting started.

YESTERDAY I CHOPPED MY HAIR OFF! Yep. I was so fed up Friday afternoon because the kids kept asking me if I was one of the high school interns. So I went to a spa and took the day to re-create LT. I have a bob that's layered forward with side bangs. :-) So happy. Probably the best hair cut I've ever had. Everybody needs to visit Dream Weaver Spa and Salon and ask for Angela, the manager. She's awesome. She also informed me that, due to chronic hairspray usage and Garnier Fructis shampoo, I have managed to coat my hair in a thick layer of silicon that will prevent me from being able to dye my hair someday if I want to. SOOO I bought some super expensive organic shampoo that will hopefully strip away the silicon so I can dye my hair when these children turn it grey.

After I got my hair cut, my aunt and uncle took me to see TRON in 3D. Best. Movie. Ever. I was skeptical going in because I haven't heard much about it, but it seriously blew my mind. And the lead guy is hot with two T's... HOTT. We came home, ate some yummy chicken with couscous, and watched the Colts game... waa waa waa... we won't talk about that. But I did wear a jersey and cheer for a football game! I made it to the fourth quarter without falling asleep. And then I crashed.

This morning (Sunday), I practiced piano for an hour (10 songs to learn because I'm accompanying 3 groups at ISSMA!) and then the pugs and I snuggled whilst watching Bridalplasty, my new favorite TV show. It is so wrong, but you just can't look away. My favorite scenes are when the girls come back from their surgeries and look like all kinds of hell. Hysterical. So this afternoon I got on the elliptical and nearly died. I am so out of shape. Then I did some dishes and NOW I'm gonna shower/ clean the bathroom. I try to help around the house so I don't feel like such a freeloader.

All for now. Enjoy the rest of your weekends everybody. Miss you guys!

3 comments:

  1. bridalplasty.. how i miss watching that with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the hair! I'm sure it looks wonderful.
    When is ISSMA for you guys? Colts game...AWFUL!! Can't wait to see you! I need to try to figure out a time to come visit you. Good luck with this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika! I don't know when ISSMA is yet... I think March? I'll get back to you. And YES the Colts game was awful. Please come up anytime. You are totally welcome to stay at my humble abode if you wish!!! You can observe Bridget while you are here, too!

    ReplyDelete