Friday, January 7, 2011

TGIF

Today was basically more of the same at school. I helped some kids with their auditions for the musical, both vocals and dance. I was pleased to find out that I remember a lot more tap than I thought. The old dance team captain in me came out when I found myself screaming out counts and yelling "I need sharp arms!" and "Pointed toes, ladies!". It was pretty fun. I love school SO MUCH and am still so excited to wake up and go every morning. I hear this wears out relatively quickly, so I'm definitely going to enjoy it while it lasts! Side note- I'm having a really easy time connecting with the girls. They seem very excited to have me there and frequently ask for help/advice. The boys, on the other hand, treat me like I'm a total dork... not so much in musical rehearsals/choir but more in my general music classes. Seriously, I can't crack a joke without one of them rolling their eyes. I tried to talk to some of them about sports this morning, but they weren't having it. I know that I shouldn't be concerned about whether or not my students "like" me, but I am such a people pleaser that I really can't help it. Grrrrr... I need to get over this.

I love my "job". Can I say that enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment