Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Move-In Day

Hello all!

Yesterday was the big move-in day, so Dad and I made the four hour journey to my uncle's house. I think I've managed to create what I call a "ball of sunshine" in the chorus of their bonus room... bed, piano, bookshelf, Rubber-made dresser, cardigans hung in a row, and a ton of shoe boxes in a nook next to the cats' (2) litter box closet. The whole set-up is actually larger than anything I ever had in college (Hoghetto... what what!). AND I really love living with a branch of my family that I haven't been able to spend a whole lot of time with because they've almost always lived so far away. Phoebs and I played GLEE karaoke on the wii after dinner last night, and I even got my uncle to sing! All in all it was a great (but terribly stressful) day. I think I-465 is the worst road EVER. Seriously, the traffic made me start praying for my life. I am glad that I probably don't have to drive it again for a couple of weeks.

Now to the exciting stuff... Would you ever imagine that there was a cat out there I might not like? Well guess what... I've met him... and his name is Strychnine... like the rat poison. My aunt and uncle have two cats, two dogs, and two children ages 10 and 13. The dogs, two pugs named Vicky and Rhino, are adorable. They are always so excited to see you through their wrinkly little faces and will fall asleep in your lap with their tongues out. The cats, Ike and Strychnine are, as my aunt says, "dinosaurs." They are the two biggest cats I have ever seen in my life and weigh so much I can hardly pick them up. Ike is super lovey-dovey and generally stays out of your way unless you want to hold him. Strychnine, however, demands your attention via force. Last night, he jumped up on my bed about eight times. At first, I let him lay there... but then he took up like half of the bed! So I pushed him off. Over and over again. Eventually, he got the idea. At about three a.m., I awoke to the sound of a cat puking. I turned on the light to find Strychnine yakking all over a decorative throw pillow that I had tossed off my bed and my stuffed animal tiger, Toby. *Blargsfhm* Strychnine totally hates me and wanted revenge, so he barfed on two things that I have no idea how to get cat barf out of! Both cats puke pretty much everywhere all the time. Not hairballs, barf. And I have NEVER seen cats that puke like this. I need to find some kitty antacid and a screen to keep them out of my corner at night. Because for once in my life I've decided: No kittens allowed. There you have it. A cat I don't like.

Today my plan is to explore the town (ha... I always manage to get lost) and try to locate my school. I will hopefully be going in for my first day of work tomorrow if my host teacher gets a chance to email me back. If I get to go in, I will have some more exciting stories to share soon! Buh-bye!

1 comment:

  1. Wow you're going in to work already?? Making me look bad. I'm excited to read your blog even though I'll pretty much know what's going on when it happens. Can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete